- Applicants must be relatives
of members of the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 169 (for the purpose of this Scholarship relatives is defined as a son,
daughter, legal guardian, nephew or niece of the FOP Lodge 169 member.
- For the purpose of undergraduate study at accredited colleges, junior college, universities and vocational/ training
- Applicants must be unmarried and under the
age of 25 to receive the scholarship
- No Criminal convictions
or major Traffic convictions such as DWI/ DUI or Vehicular Manslaughter)
- Scholarships to the designated institution may be used for room and board, tuition, library fees, textbooks
and related instructional materials
- 2 (two) awards will
be given annually
– 2 (Two) scholarship awards for applicants of members. Students must reapply each year through the scholarship fund
for awarding of the Scholarships even if they have won the year prior ( Maximum of four years per recipient)
- Awards will be sent to the Institution where selected applicants have been accepted
and attending or upon request will be made out to individual winner by August 5thof each year Application Requirements:
- 500 word minimum essay to include career goals and
plans. (optional if reapplying and has not changed)
letter from High School Teachers/Counselors, on letterhead with original signatures.
- If the applicant has already completed a college semester or is reapplying for a Scholarship,
letters of recommendation will be from Professors, Academic Advisors or Department Heads.
- Personal recommendation from an adult who is not a relative, with original signature.
- Certified High School and/or College transcripts showing at least GPA of 2.9or higher
( for initial and when reapplying for Scholarship)
or ACT scores (not needed if applicant has completed one year of college) If applicant has not completed one year of college,
the scores will be used as a tie breaker only.
include copies of the following if applicable:
- Extracurricular activities
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship committee and then
forwarded to the FOP Lodge 169 Executive Committee for selection.
- All scholarships will be awarded by the Scholarship Committee.
- Applications of awarded recipients will be kept on file at the Lodge 169 FOP Office.
- Awards are not limited by race, color, creed, national origin or sex.
Deadline for Scholarship package submission:
Package must be postmarked by May 1st of the
Scholarship application year
Mail completed scholarship application to:
New Jersey Law Enforcement Officers
Brick, New Jersey 08723